On the 12th April 2016, my little blog meganmonroes officially turned a year old! I can’t believe that it’s been a whole 365 days since I wrote my first post which started my blog, well credit to my amazing friends Laura and Paul for setting it all up! I’ve been blogging on Tumblr for almost five years and I’d always wanted to take the plunge and become a Blogger and thanks to lovely Laura inspiring me, I finally had the courage!
It’s amazing to look back and see how much has changed in one whole year, I wouldn’t say it’s been all that pleasant but I’ve definitely learnt and grown from the changes that have happened. Of course, it’s not all been that bad, but as I’m my worst critic I can sadly make things a lot harder for myself – I really need to work on that.
I know I’ve been an awful Blogger lately, I just sadly haven’t had much inspiration, but I really hope I can continue to be creative and have an even more successful year with meganmonroes! There’s a few products I’m dreaming of reviewing and hopefully I’ll be able to get my hands on them as soon as possible:
- MAC Finally Free by Caitlyn Jenner (UK Release Date 12th May)
- Maybelline Blushed Nude Palettes
- Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
- Anastasia Beverley Hills Liquid Lipsticks
- Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick in Moon Beam
- Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lipstick Matte Powder Coat
If anyone has tried these products before than please let me know what you thought of them, I’d love to hear your opinions!
I also thought I’d write about things I’m especially loving at the moment, it’s important to remember the things that can put a smile on your face:
- Rewatching Game of Thrones – I’m currently on Season 3 Episode 3, I thought it would be a good idea to refresh my memory before Season 6 arrives! Daenerys and Tyrion are still my favourite characters, that hasn’t changed.
- A Cup of tea – sometimes that’s all you need to cheer you up.
- Reality TV – yes I know a lot of it’s trashy but it’s so addictive! Plus it’s nice to forget about your own troubles and switch off every now and then.
- Em aka mypaleskinblog – It’s safe to say I look forward to Em’s videos every Wednesday, she’s so beautiful inside and out and is truly an inspiration to me as a Blogger and more importantly as a person. Love you Em!
- Reading – I absolutely adore a good book, there’s something so satisfying about completing a book and starting a new one.
- Margot Robbie – Although I’m a Vintage Girl at heart, Margot is my favourite actress of today, I’m so excited for Suicide Squad and before then we have Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and The Legend of Tarzan to look forward to!
- Ebay – I’m absolutely obsessed with doing my regular searches each day, (Marilyn is my main one of course) and finding a bargain, (anything under £5) is my current way of controlling the spending and being frugal.
- Snapchat – You can find me there by meganmonroes, I look forward to seeing the new filters each day and will never get tired of face swapping with Marilyn or today, Grace Kelly!
Follow me at;
For inquiries or collaborations contact me at;