Hi lovely people!
As this is my first post I thought a little introduction about myself would be a good start. So here’s what you might like to know about little me!
- My url is only 50% my real name, you can probably guess where I got Monroe from, No? Well it’s from Marilyn of course. She is the most beautiful person inside and out and has helped me a lot the past four years, which I’m sure I’ll talk about at some point. The S is just to make it a bit different..
- I started blogging on Tumblr, which I still love almost four years on. You can find my blogs here; alwaysmarilynmonroe, meganmonroes and missveronicalakes.
- My favourite film is, Gone With The Wind (1939) I adore the classics!
- Marilyn Monroe is my favourite actress, I’ve seen all of her films numerous times, have a Tumblr and IG account on her (both alwaysmarilynmonroe) and have hundreds of (good) books about my girl. It would be an understatement to say I love her, as she means so much more to me than that.
- I’m only around five foot two inches.
- I’ve suffered with various mental illnesses including; Depression, Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- I love to read, especially biographies on my favourite stars.
- I adore animals, I have two dogs and one cat.
- I’m a Scorpio – I don’t really follow Astrology signs but I think it’s something fun to share!
- I love Instagram, I have three accounts on there; meganmonroes, alwaysmarilynmonroe, and alwaysbrigittebardot.
- I’ve always wanted to share my birthday with a celebrity I love and I found out recently I share mine with Emilia Clarke aka Daenerys Targaryen!
- Although my heart belongs to the bygone era, I do have some modern loves too which include; Friends, Modern Family, Game Of Thrones, The Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad, House Of Cards, Lana Del Rey, Margot Robbie, Michelle Williams, Harrison Ford and Leonardo Dicaprio.
- I’m a Twin.
- I love weak Tea.
- I am a huge lover of lipstick, red is a must.
- Although I can’t speak another language, I do love Foreign Films and hope to learn some day.
- My favourite females from Old Hollywood include; Marilyn Monroe, Veronica Lake, Sharon Tate, Brigitte Bardot, Vivien Leigh, Rita Hayworth, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Anita Ekberg, Jayne Mansfield, Diana Dors, Elizabeth Taylor and Sophia Loren.
- My favourite males from Old Hollywood include; Clark Gable, Marlon Brando, Gregory Peck, Robert Mitchum, Marlon Brando, James Stewart, Fred Astaire, Montgomery Clift and Cary Grant.
- Billy Wilder and Alfred Hitchcock are my favourite Directors.
- I hate conspiracies, they are just unnecessary.
- My favourite music is from the 1960s, The Beatles, Sam Cooke, The Platters are some close to my heart.
- I try and be as honest and understanding as I can.
- I adore Disney, you’re never too old for it.
- I always cut clippings from magazines.
- Floral fifties style dresses are my favourite.
- Although I think they’re beautiful, I don’t have many pairs of shoes. I hate having to get my feet used to them, I’m all about comfort and when the occasion calls for it my go to heels.
- Hair accessories are my thing, a flower or a bow always brightens you up and gives you a Pin Up Girl style.
- I’m a 90s Kid!
- I have a youtube channel which I use every now and then, meganmonroes.
- Pizza is my favourite food!
- Chanel No.5 is my signature scent.
That’s all I can think of for now, I hope I didn’t bore you and you’ve learnt a bit about me! Until next time!