As someone who has lived and breathed all things Disney for as long as they can remember, unintentionally discovering another Collaboration with Beauty Brand, Essence Cosmetics – on Wilko of all places, was a surprise I was very happy about!
The Disney Princess Collection features three of Walt’s Royal Heroines; two from the Classic Era – the original Princess, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty’s Aurora and one from the Renaissance Era – The Little Mermaid’s Ariel.
With Lockdown 3.0 continuing throughout the UK, having any shops to visit that aren’t online is a rare experience. Therefore, after browsing through Instagram and coming across this gorgeous Collection, I took a moment to sympathize with my Bank Account, as we both knew the inevitable was coming – bye bye money!
Unfortunately, with a quick bit of research, it does now seem that Wilko have sadly stopped stocking the three Eyeshadow Palettes. Fear not though, Notino are also stockists of the products and although a lot are out of stock currently, you can click to be notified when available.
As well as the Disney Princess Collection, there is also a Disney Villains with their sister Brand, Catrice Cosmetics, featuring Maleficent, Ursula and The Evil Queen.
I managed to get four products from the Essence Collaboration;
ESSENCE X DISNEY PRINCESS EYE BRUSH AND BAG SET:
Contains a rose gold brush bag, with three matching brushes;
• Snow White Eyeshadow Brush
• Aurora Smudging Brush
• Ariel Blending Brush
ESSENCE X DISNEY PRINCESS ARIEL 01 PART OF YOUR WORLD EYESHADOW PALETTE:
Featuring Ariel from The Little Mermaid (1989) – 14 warm, gold and red shades, embossed with sea shells.
• Curious – warm copper shimmer.
• Starfish – light beige matte.
• Ocean – orange shimmer.
• Waves – medium gold shimmer.
• Headstrong – burgundy shimmer.
• Treasures – medium peach nude matte.
• Flounder – peach metallic shimmer.
• Sea Witch – pink and orange pressed pigment.
• Mermaid – ruby red matte.
• Crab – light gold shimmer.
• Explorer – vibrant yellow shimmer.
• Kiss The Girl – coral pink matte.
• Seagull – dark brown matte.
• Under The Sea – metallic brown shimmer.
ESSENCE X DISNEY PRINCESS SNOW WHITE 02 MY PRINCE WILL COME EYESHADOW PALETTE:
Featuring Snow White from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) – 14 cool, nude and copper shades, embossed with apples.
• Green Wood – vibrant yellow shimmer.
• Forrest Cabin – cool ivory matte.
• Seven Mountains – cool metallic brown shimmer.
• Dwarves – hunter green pressed pigment.
• Huntsman – warm brown and silver shimmer.
• Mirror – peachy gold shimmer.
• True Love’s Kiss – warm gold shimmer.
• Poisoned Apple – copper shimmer.
• Wicked Witch – cobalt blue shimmer.
• Pure Hearted – muted brown matte.
• Ebony – light yellow gold shimmer.
• Cottage – warm orange brown shimmer.
• Happy End – brown gold shimmer.
• Cheerful – bronze metallic shimmer.
ESSENCE X DISNEY PRINCESS AURORA 03 ONCE UPON A DREAM EYESHADOW PALETTE:
Featuring Aurora from Sleeping Beauty (1959) – 14 pink, mauve and metallic shades, embossed with roses.
• Golden Hair – warm gold shimmer.
• Kiss – cool porcelain matte.
• Kingdom – pink nude matte.
• Castle – mauve matte.
• Deep Sleep – metallic dark purple shimmer.
• Spinning Wheel – light gold shimmer.
• Fairy – silvery gold shimmer.
• Thorn Hedge – deep purple and gold pressed pigment.
• Roses – hot pink matte.
• Golden Leave – baby pink mauve matte.
• Curse – warm gold shimmer.
• Dark Magic – cool dark burgundy matte.
• Magic Wand – copper shimmer.
• True Love – cool medium brown shimmer.
All of the Palettes are £10.00, which I think is an extremely good price, especially with it being an official Disney Collaboration and each one does include a mirror. I’ve tried all of the products multiple times and was pleasantly surprised at the pigment and quality of the Eyeshadows.
Out of the 42 shades, my favourite has to be Sea Witch from Ariel’s Palette, it’s absolutely beautiful and in all honesty, I wasn’t expecting it to be as vibrant as it looks. It’s perfect to use for an extra pop as a lid topper too. However, if I had to pick just one to own, it would definitely be Aurora’s, as not only is she is my favourite Princess, (Cinderella also) I love the variation of pinks and aesthetic of the colours.
The only slight disappointment within the Collection, would have to be the shades in Snow White’s Palette. This is simply because I can’t comprehend how there is not one single red colour within the fourteen available. I mean, I really think they’re missing something there as I’ve always associated this signature shade much more with Snow White than with Ariel.
With hers I’d expect more cool toned blues/purples and maybe one red for her hair and Sebastian – of course! Ultimately, the general aesthetic is a bit underwhelming for Snow White’s Palette and with only two matte shades – Aurora’s has six and Ariel’s has 5, there’s not really enough colours and variations to work with to create a full stand alone look.
However, I simply could not have left one out, they are definitely a must buy for any Disney fan and I will absolutely treasure them. The beautiful detailing and consistency in the overall aesthetic and theme for the Collection is greatly appreciated too. Thank you Essence Cosmetics and Disney for blessing us makeup lovers with this Collaboration and I hope there’s more to come!
Follow me at;
For inquiries or collaborations contact me at;